About Me

My photo
Vancouver, British Columia, Canada

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reigniting the flame... Again

Now, I know I cannot be the only one who is dealing with this issue... But its a big issue, especially when you are in a relationship, engaged or even married... What am I talking about?...

When the sex drive goes MIA...

I never really linked the two, but every time I was on bc I had no sex drive. And the only time I would be on bc was when I was in a relationship. And I always seemed to be in a relationship. It got to the point, that I thought it was me. I thought I was odd because I never had a sex drive. Then in Feb 2009, I left a 3 year bad relationship and went off bc. Within weeks, I had hormones like you wouldnt believe. Then it hit me, bc = no sex hormones, desire or drive...

So I stayed off the bc, but then came my PCOS symptoms and went from 130 pounds to over 150 within a very short time frame and the list of the symptoms continued and increased...

In April 2010, I met J who is now my fiance and in June 2010 I went on bc as the doctor ordered it was the only thing she prescribed for PCOS... I warned J that it would decrease my sex drive to nothing. He said it was fine and no big deal but I think he underestimated how serious I was. And, sure enough in no time my want to have sex, cuddle or even be touched died as each day went by.

It is one of our most serious and pretty much only problem in our relationship... After almost a year of being on bc and hating it because of the side effects, I stopped taking it at the beginning of this month. Enough is enough. I miss the old me. The me who wanted to cuddle and get frisky... Too much info? lol

Its only been a couple of weeks of not taking bc, so I havent seen much improvement in that department. One thing I have noticed is my energy is up. I feel 19 again. I used to be able to wake up super early, work all day, go to the gym, come home clean, make dinner, hang out with friends and go to bed late and still wake up refreshed. In Spring of 2009 all within a month or two of eachother, I had severe PCOS symptoms, strep throat and a couple weeks after strep I got mono. Ever since then, my energy has been non-exsistent. Most of my days back then consisted of me sleeping ALL THE TIME.

So, the first step was getting off bc.  I eat fairly healthy and workout regularly... Now what? Wait for the hormones to jump back in? What else can I do?

How do you reigniting the flame... Or how do I help get my sex drive back naturally...

We spend lots of time together. We go on dates nights, hiking, play softball together... So its not a lack of  our connection or time together. But how do we reignite the frisky flame we had when we first met and I wasnt on bc..

Comments and advice are welcome!! Post your comment on my blog or on my blog's Facebook Fan Page.

2 comments:

  1. I would try different kinds of birth control, this may be a pain in the butt but they impact every woman differently. There could be marked differences for your body with different kinds. All bc should treat the symptoms of PCOS equally, although I doubt the low dose would really cut it.
    I'm a big advocate for non-pill contraception because I had side effects that I didn't want to deal with from the few that I tried. I think I've said it before but I really love nuvaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it ha to do with the male hormone (that we have to much of), apparently it it affects our pcos sex drives. The more the PCOS symptoms change it should come back. I'm in the same boat... :(

    ReplyDelete