About Me

My photo
Vancouver, British Columia, Canada

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the run...

Once again, I had about 150 reads on my 2nd blog post.. Man, that is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to read my blogs. Its a good feeling knowing someone is reading it!

Last night I had to force myself to go for a run. I love running, but last night I just wanted to veg. But once I got my shoes on I was ready. I went running by myself. I sometimes bring my puppy but she pulls and acts like a crazy dog on a leash so I left her at home so I could actually run and not be dragged.... lol

My hope is to go running at least 3 times a week. On top of that I will have softball at least once a week. I want my fiance and I to buy bicycles so when we dont have enough energy to run we can go for a nice bike ride instead. We have gym memberships, but I hate running on a treadmill. I would rather be running or hiking outside. Last summer we went hiking, camping and canoeing. This summer I am hoping to add downhill mountain biking to that list.

The last couple of weeks I have been eating healthy. It was very hard at the start. I love fast food. I can eat it everyday for every meal and still be in love with it. My favs are KFC and A & W..mmmMMmmmm

I have cut out the fast food, pop (I still drink ice tea once in a while), junk food, etc. I could still be eating better. Like more veggies and fruits but that will come with time... One day at a time..

My biggest fear going off bc would be the weight gain and my acne.. In February 2009, I weighed 130 pounds. I went off bc and by that March I was up to 142 and by that summer I was over 150. No matter what I did, I couldnt get rid of the weight. My acne was getting worse by the day and nothing seemed to help. In June 2010, I went on Yaz (my doctor told me thats what they prescribe for PCOS) and went from 160 pounds to 140 within weeks. My acne cleared. I have never had my skin so clear. I love it! My hair went back to natural blond and the excess hair growth went away. I was told if I went off bc my symptoms would all come back and I would have to be on bc until I want to have kids... Which at the time I was told that, I didnt want to have kids till I was 30.. I am now 24..

Obviously my plan of having kids at 30 has to be changed. I don't want to wait till I am 30 and be told "oh you should have tried to have kids a couple years ago". My main goal this summer is to keep my weight down, keep my skin clear and get a monthly cycle naturally...

No comments:

Post a Comment