About Me

My photo
Vancouver, British Columia, Canada

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Friday!

I have officially had my blog going for a week now and I have had over 450 reads on my previous 4 blog posts in total. Thats pretty good I think!

Tonight after dinner I am going to go for a run as its sunny here in BC Canada, which isnt very often. This week I went running 3 times (including tonight), had softball and kept up with my vitamins and healthy eating. Now, I am not eating super super healthy but I have cut out the junk food, fast food, pop, chocolate etc. Instead of eating out we have tried to make dinner and our lunches at home.

I suggested to my fiance (lets just call him "J") that we go to Buntzen Lake tomorrow morning for a mini hike. I love that lake. The full hike itself is a huge 3 hour work out and thats if your booting it with no rests. But I dont think we're in good enough shape yet to do the whole thing. So I told him we'll do a mini hike (half way around).

The chiropractor is going great! We did a foot scan today as I have messed up feet and could use orthopedics, especially for when I am running or hiking.

I found an aromatherapy store in Fort Langley which is about 10 minutes from where I live. I am hoping to go next week and get some oils that are good for depression and absent monthly cycles.

From the book "The Ultimate PCOS Handbook"...

PCOS Aromatherapy
"Joanna Levett, ar aromatherapist with PCOS who treats women with PCOS, suggests this aromatherapy massage blend to balance hormones."

-In 20 ml carrier oil:
-2 drops fragrant Jasmine
-3 drops balancing Geranium
-3 drops Clary sage (a sedative oil good for absent periods or period pains)

"The massage itself can release powerful emotions and tensions, so don't be surprised to find yourself wiped out but very relaxed after a treatment. Warning: if you have high blood pressure, epilepsy, skin disorders, are pregnant or hoping to be, or if you're taking certain homoeopathic medicines, you will need to avoid some oils."

Depression Aromatherapy
"Joanna Levett recommends the following bath or massage blend to life you out of despair."

-3 drops mood-lifting, feminine Rose
-3 drops anti-depressant, soothing Camomile
-2 drops anxiety-relieving Thyme
Mix with 20 ml carrier oil.

I think I am going to try those two blends first and see where that takes me...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment